Overview of all topics
AccessibilityThe government has her central focus on citizens and businesses.
- Digi-accessibility Everybody has the same right to digital information and services, and that includes people with a disability. For this reason, semi-governmental and governmental organisations attach great importance to accessibility, and have made it a requirement for their digital services. Well-built and well-structured websites can be used by everybody, including those of us who are physically impaired. Only then can everyone truly participate.
- Digital inclusion In the Netherlands, we increasingly communicate via digital means. This has a large impact on all our lives. Technology can prepare our country for the future. It offers opportunities. But for many people, the developments are going very fast. We have to take this into account. We will make sure that everyone can participate in the digital society. Including the people who need extra support.
- Focus on the User The government-wide knowledge community Focus on the User strives towards a service–oriented and user-friendly (digital) government. Activities deployed by Focus on the User include the organisation of events, where the attendees can share knowledge and experiences, and come away with new ideas. Also, the design principles devised by Focus on the User help you improve your digital service level and make it as user-friendly as possible. Focus on the User features a visual language knowledge bank, where you will find tried and tested visual language letters, that use far fewer words and instead feature clear pictures. You can also design your own visual language letter.
- Optimal Digital The Massaal Digitaal (‘Everybody goes digital’) project has had research done to find out what makes citizens and businesses hesitate to handle their dealings with the government digitally. It turns out governmental organisations still have a lot of work to do. To take away the obstructions experienced by citizens and businesses, the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations has set up Optimal Digital, a website that features tried and tested methods, examples and instructions for implementation and use in the user’s organization.
- User-friendliness A digital infrastructure enables faster services, that help realise facilities. By improving user-friendliness and usability, we help to make the digital channel the first choice. The government-wide knowledge community Focus on the User and the test panel group Users eGovernment were set up to lift online services to a higher level of user-friendliness.
Information securityIncreasingly, entrepreneurs, citizens, and governmental bodies work digitally and share relevant data.
InternationalThe Netherlands does not stand alone in its efforts to digitalise the government.
New technologies, data and ethicsBy innovating, the Dutch government wants to be in the lead when it comes to using new digital technologies.
- Blockchain Blockchain is a promising and innovative technology, that has the potential to serve society and government well by protecting basic rights and public values, but at this time much is uncertain, and the promise has not been made good yet. The Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations is conducting research into the topic ‘blockchain and ethics’, to identify possible consequences of using blockchain technology for our public values.
- Data Agenda Government This agenda sets out how data can be used (even) better to improve policy-making and resolve social issues. We also pay specific attention to the protection of public values and fundamental rights. This agenda is called: NL DIGITAAL: Data Agenda Government (in Dutch: Data Agenda Overheid). In the introduction, we describe the context and reasons for creating this agenda. In chapters 1 to 5, we describe our approach to a number of specific themes, each articulated into specific actions. Finally, we discuss the financing and provide an overview of all our actions.