Nederland is becoming more and more digital. We want to utilize the opportunities digitalisation offers, and give citizens and businesses more control. There is room for improvement in communications between government and society. That is why we are choosing a different approach: we want to be increasingly smart – accessible – personal.
We will be smarter when we:
- Introduce an innovation budget to improve our digital services.
- Experiment with new technologies, and involve new parties (stakeholders?).
- Allow smaller market operators to participate in governmental projects.
- Launch MyGovernment for Entrepreneurs.
We can be more accessible when we:
- Support local initiatives to help people learn digital skills.
- Collaborate as government and business life to support those who are less skilled in using digital resources.
- Involve digitally less skilled people in the development of services.
- Allow citizens and businesses to test new services in a safe training environment.
We will make dealings with the government more personal when we:
- Improve service from the perspective of eight life events.
- Give citizens the right to apply digitally.
- Give citizens insight on who has had access to their data, and why.
- Allow citizens to correct wrong data entries in MyGovernment.
This is how we make communications between government and citizens and businesses as smart, accessible and personal as possible. It does not start today, nor will it end at any given moment. It is a continuous process to improve the way government communicates for everybody. Dutch Digital Government Agenda (Nederland DIGIbeter).